Then I was finally finished kindergarten backpack to my son. It is made with some heavy fabric from IKEA and oilcloth as lining. Had to think a lot because the pattern was only in my head. It was a little larger than I had foresaw. o mess around a lot so it come out the right way after I had attached the lining.
Straps are from the old ugly disney backpack so they are used again. I pondered how I would mount them in the bottom edge when I had no side seams, just one seam in the middleback. I ripped up a bit in the side and sewed over with zigzag. Not really pretty but it works. On the lid of the bag it was so many layers that I had to handsew with the machinewheel and it stops several times, but it doesn’t show, just underneath *whistle*. Hitting the eyelet at the top and I found a yellow line from a shorts my husband used to wear. If I find a better solution and pattern, so maybe I can make these for sale with a personal touch:)